What better way to celebrate our furry friends than by dedicating an entire day to them? National Make A Dog's Day is a holiday for dog lovers everywhere to celebrate the joys that dogs bring into our lives. From cuddling on the couch to going on long walks, there are endless reasons to love spending time with our pups.
So how did this holiday come about? National Make A Dog's Day was started in 2019 by Subaru as a part of Subaru Loves Pets month to raise awareness of the need to adopt shelter pets. This year, the holiday falls on October 22nd, and we think it's the perfect opportunity to show your dog some extra love.
How To Celebrate National Make A Dog's Day
There are lots of ways to celebrate National Make A Dog's Day with your furry friend. Here are a few ideas:
- Take your dog on a longer-than-usual walk or hike. Explore a new area together and take in the sights and smells.
- Make homemade dog treats together. There are lots of recipes online for doggy cookies, cakes, and more. Just make sure to use ingredients that are safe for dogs!
- Have a doggy play date with a friend or neighbor. This is a great way for your pup to socialize and make new friends.
- Donate to or volunteer at a local animal shelter. This is a great way to give back to the community and help dogs in need.
- Simply spend some quality time with your dog. Whether it's snuggling on the couch or playing fetch in the backyard, taking some time out of your day to appreciate your furry friend is always a good idea.
- Consider adopting a dog instead of buying one. If you don't already have a dog, or if you'd like to add one to your family, consider adopting from your local shelter.
No matter how you choose to celebrate it, National Make A Dog's Day is sure to be a tail-wagging good time! So mark your calendars for October 22—you won't want to miss it!
Additional tips for the day
Use the hashtag #MakeADogsDay on social media.
Read more about the day at NATIONAL MAKE A DOG'S DAY - October 22 - National Day Calendar